Home » Blog » Everything You Need to Know About the Idaho Tax Rebates

Everything You Need to Know About the Idaho Tax Rebates


Idaho Tax Rebates

Hi everybody, Treasure Valley Dave is here in Nampa, Idaho. We love to talk about moving to Idaho, from driving to living in small towns. Idaho is known for being employer- and business-friendly, so when we heard about the Idaho Tax Rebates, we wanted to learn more. So, let’s dive right into everything you need to know.

How Do I Qualify for a Rebate?

To qualify for the 2022 Idaho Tax Rebates, you must be an Idaho Resident, have filed both 2020 and 2021 Tax Returns by December 31st, 2022, and have filed an Income Tax or Form 24 Grocery Credit Return.

How Much Are the Rebates?

As a single filer, you are allowed $300 (including head of household, or married filing separately, or qualifying widow or widower).

When filing jointly, you are allowed $600 or 10% of the tax paid as shown on line 20 of your Form 40, whichever is greater.

What Do I Have to Do to Receive them?

All you have to do is already have your 2020 and 2021 tax returns filed. The state of Idaho already has the information that they need.

When Will the Idaho Rebates Be Sent?

In the Spring of 2022, one set of rebates was approved; another will be sent in the Fall of 2022 called the 2022 Special Session Rebates. So you will receive the Special Session Rebate after you receive the first rebate.

I Moved. Will I Still Get the Rebates?

If you have moved, update your address with the Idaho Tax Commission as soon as possible. You can do so by sending an email to RebateAddressUpdate@tax.idaho.gov with the following information:

Your Name

Last 4 of Your SSN or ITIN

Your Previous Address

Your New Address

The Idaho Tax Commission will not send a reply after receiving these emails.

How Do I Check My Rebate Status?

Go to tax.idaho.gov, then click on the tax return or tax rebate status in the upper right corner.

You’ll need to know your SSN or ITIN and provide the number from a valid government ID.

I Received Only a Portion of My Rebate for Taxes

Before sending you your rebate tax, any taxes owed or outstanding debts with government agencies will be deducted from the amount you receive.

I Have Questions About My Rebate

You can reach the Idaho Tax Commission by calling (208) 334-7660 or (800) 972-7660 or by emailing taxrep@tax.idaho.gov or visiting their website.

In Closing

Thanks for sticking around, everybody! I hope you all get your Idaho Tax Rebates soon! Maybe you don’t live here, but you’re a fan of how things are being done here in Idaho and would like to know more. If that’s the case, contact us, give me a call at 208-860-2004, or email our team at info@treasurevalleydave.com. We’ve all moved here from somewhere else and are so happy that we did.

Related Episodes:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *